The physicians that we work with charge as fee-for-service; they do not take insurance. The cost of treatments can be quite high and our resource center can help provide the necessary documentation to our patients’ insurance agencies to help gain coverage (see Health Care Coverage for Reproductive Immunology).
However, please note that there are no guarantees your insurance company will pay for treatment.
It is difficult to give an estimate of the cost for consultation and treatment. This is because we cannot know which treatments will be required prior to testing. In addition, each person’s body reacts differently to treatments, thus the length of treatment is variable.
Again, costs will vary for each patient as treatments are individually based. There are, however, some basic charges you should expect.
- There will be an initial medical review of your registration materials and medical records. This charge will range from $100 to $300, depending on how extensive the review is, but is typically around $125.
- When all the test results have been reviewed, you will be contacted to set up an initial consultation. The initial consultation fee is $600. The consult fee is separate from the record review fee.
- During the consultation, your plan of treatment will be determined.
- Follow-up consultations are $350.
- Every-other-month monitoring charge of $75 if the patient is active in the program.
- Our physicians commonly recommend the following treatments and medications (please note that this is not a complete list):
- IVIG: each infusion costs about $2,400 to $4,000 (based on weight).
- Humira: approximately $4,100 for one month supply.
- Lovenox: approximately $740 to $980 per month for 1 shot/day (two shots a day often recommended once you are pregnant).
- Arixtra: approximately $1,680 month for 1 shot a day.
- Please note, there may be additional charges for additional tests.
- The staff will do prior authorizations for all of the above medications and there are some medication assistance programs that will help cover the cost of medications if insurance denies coverage. The staff will offer assistance regarding these programs.
- Some patients may elect to undergo LIT at a non-US center. This cost may vary from approximately $600 to $1,500 a treatment session.
Once the record review is complete, you will be sent requisitions for the recommended additional testing; prices for immune assays are in the range of $1500 to $2000 for you and your spouse. Additionally, local routine testing may run another $1500-$2000, if you have no insurance coverage. However, the doctors do recommend that you go to a lab in your area that takes your insurance and we will use immune codes not infertility codes when those tests are ordered.
We hope this information helps in your decision making process. Please note that these prices are subject to change without notice. Should you decide to register with a doctor, you may call our office at 408-356-9500 or email to email@example.com. You are welcome to choose the physician you wish to consult with at the time the appointment is made.